Friday, April 29, 2011

OOPS....I spilled the punch

Yesterday I had the day off from work and Amanda Kate was serving at the Temple so I decided I would play some games and relax. I got out a game called "Bulls-Eye Ball" and was playing and having a great time until I got a little too excited and bumped my punch off of the table(Oops).It was a scary but funny moment because our carpet is light tan and this punch was bright red. When this happened all I could think about is "Amanda Kate is going to kill me when she finds out about this"Just kidding(thank goodness I married a loving and forgiving wife). So I scrambled for a solution to get this awful stain out. I looked in the cleaning closet for some carpet cleaner and we of course had none. So I justified in my head that it was okay to use a substitute cleaner. All I could find in the closet was a bottle of all purpose cleaner so I got it out and sprayed it all over the carpet. After I sprayed the carpet I could definitely smell bleach and at that point I remembered that Amanda Kate mixed some bleach and water in it and dumped the original all purpose cleaner out. Yikes!!!!

I know this is funny but it just kept getting worse and worse. So, I hurried to Wal-Mart and bought some carpet cleaner and paper towels(we were out of those conveniently too). Then I got back and sprayed the punch stained carpet with the carpet cleaner. After I sprayed the carpet cleaner I looked on the back and saw "DON'T MIX WITH BLEACH!" This was just my luck. Anyways, there is no pretty ending to this story because the carpet still does not look very good and will probably have permanent stains. However, I had all of the best intentions to clean it up and now have a funny story to tell. Things were just not going my way on my day off. Life is fun and I am glad my wife laughed at my story as well, even though I know she was not too happy about the carpet. What a day it was!

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I have to alter a few words in your post. Our carpet is not 'light tan' it is white, AND the punch was "cranberry pomegranate" so it wasn't bright red it was DARK red. Ha Ha!!! Yes the stain is permanent, but it does make me laugh every time I see it! I am glad we can laugh when things like this happen. I just wish I could have been there when it happened so I could have seen you panic! I love you Honey! Thanks for trying to clean it up!-Love Amanda-Kate

    ReplyDelete