Monday, April 11, 2011

New Outlook

For the past two weeks I have been in tremendous pain due to an injury of my tail bone that led to an infection. Several days later the infection turned into three abscesses. During this huge trial I had two lessons that I learned. One, that I have an awesome family and caring visiting teachers. My visiting teachers called me several times, and came to visit me. My family came to visit, help, bring food, drive me to my numerous doctor appointments, gave me priesthood blessings, put my name on the prayer role of the temple, and offered up a listening ear. They are all helping to bear my burden. Steve was also there every step of the way, holding my hand and coaching me through the pain when times got rough. I am so blessed to have the family and friends that I have. My second lesson I learned was about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. My appreciation and understanding of the sacrifice that our Savior did for us is a true miracle and my testimony was strengthened. When the doctors had to cut the infection out, the numbing medicine was not working properly and I felt almost everything. I never knew pain could be that intense for so long. One of my thoughts, as I was lying on the table was, how could Christ have felt this pain, plus everyone's pain who has ever lived or will live, along with everyone's emotional pain as well. At that moment I had a teeny-tiny insight on the pain the Savior felt in the Garden of Gethsemane. Oh, what a sacrifice He gave for us!!! I cherish the gift of the Atonement a little more since this experience. We are told to be thankful for our trials. I have to admit, I am thankful for the lessons I have learned from this trial, but I am not thankful for the actual trial. Maybe I will someday.

The pain is getting less and less each hour. I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow to check to make sure all is healing. I feel better today than I have in two weeks. I am so happy to be out of bed and enjoying some of the the simple things in life I have missed the last few weeks. Thank you everyone for your love and support! We love you ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment