Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's The Final Count Down!!!

In just five days (April 22nd) I will be getting my braces off! I am super excited! I have been in my braces for over sixteen months. I have to admit I am a little nervous about the removal process, but I know it will be worth it. Several of the YW in my ward just got their braces off and they look really great!


Steve, Meghan, Kyle, and I are also counting down for our cruise! We are going to be leaving in just 19 days (May 6th), for the Western Caribbean. We will be cruising with Carnival for a full week. We will have three ports: Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. This will be my second cruise and Steve’s first. We have been saving our pennies and planning this trip for awhile. I can’t believe it is just around the corner. The anticipation reminds me of Christmas. You wait all year for it to come around and it feels like forever, and then it just sort of sneaks up on you. I am mentally ready for the cruise but physically I have several things I need to get in order before we go. I need to double check our passports, confirm our flights, make sure I have a swimsuit that fits from last year, and other odds and ends. Oh, I can’t wait to be on the ship, soaking up the sun, and dancing on the crystal blue water. I remember my last trip to the Caribbean. I couldn’t get over how clear the water was. I just wanted to dive in and swim!!! I think I would have made a good mermaid!


With all the stresses, trials, and illnesses that we have had the past few months we are extremely ready for this vacation! It will be fun to get away, relax, laugh, and spend time with each other and with Meghan and Kyle. I am glad that they are coming with us. We always have a blast when we are together. Kyle and Steve are a riot when they get together. Sometimes we have to walk away from each other because our sides burn with laughter. My mom is also looking forward to this trip. Meghan and Kyle will be leaving Eli with her. She is excited to have grandmother and grandson time together.


We can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment