Tuesday, June 28, 2011

We survived...we are just that tough!!!

Holy Cow...Tough Mudder is one insane event, but we did it!!! The elevation climb was intense...we were slow but we finished every step and every obstacle! Steve cheered me on as I slowly climbed the 4,000 feet of elevation. I now know why we pay such steep prices for a ski lift ticket...it is worth every penny. The water obstacles were painful due to the water being 34 degrees. Almost all of us got cramps in our legs due to the strain of the climb and the drastic change in temperature as we entered the water for five different obstacles. At the end we were covered in mud, bruises, scratches, and sunburns; but we had fun and have many fun stories to tell. The part for me that hurt the worst was getting zapped on my neck by one of the live wires. You can actually see the wire on the left side of my neck right before it zapped me, (sorry the picture is sideways, for some reason I can't change the photo's direction. Just use this as an opportunity to stretch your neck). Steve's most painful part was when his body and body parts tensed up when he entered the water. Talk about instant brain freeze.

It was fun to work as a team and conquer every obstacle; we have all decided that we want to do it again next year. (Some people think that we may have lost brain cells because we want to do it again; but there is something exhilarating about pushing your body to it's max.)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, if I had known you really were going to get zapped by a hot wire, I would have told you not to do it! You know how protective moms can be sometimes!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete