Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Adjusting to 'normal' life again!

We were extremely spoiled on the cruise. The adjustment back to reality has been a littler harder than I thought, but the trip was definitely worth it. We went from having our beds made for us and not having to clean or cook anything... to having to unpack our bags, pay bills, make up for lost time in our jobs and callings for church, and actually shop for and cook our own food (I know, I know, I am sure I am not scoring any sympathy points with anyone). Even though it was fun being spoiled for a week, I don't think I could ever live on a cruise or any type of vacation for an extended amount of time. There is something about the satisfaction of working hard which cannot be replaced by luxury.


After returning from the cruise I met what I thought was a 'friend', but in reality turned out to be a creepy peeping tom. We have this squirrel who comes on our back porch every once in awhile. One day we had dry bread so I thought I would just set it outside and let the birds and this squirrel eat it. BAD IDEA. The squirrel absolutely loved it, and now returns everyday for more. Instead of just hanging out on the back patio he will come up to the window and search for me. When he finds me he stares right into my eyes and just watches me!!!! It totally creeps me out. I am now too scared to use the back porch. When I walk around in the house his head follows me and tracks me wherever I go. All I can say now is that I am glad I only gave him dry bread. Can you imagine what he would be doing if I had given him a cookie? My friend asked me if I have named him yet, and I replied that I haven't because I haven't thought of an appropriate enough name for him. Maybe 'Killer' would be best. Anyone have any name suggestions for this creepy squirrel?





My sister-in-law, Benja's mother got married this month. It was fun to go to the reception and celebrate with them. They asked me to take the pictures for it and I had fun snapping away. I have always enjoyed photography but I have never claimed to be a pro. I will leave that title to another sister-in-law, Heather. She takes amazing photos and has such a creative mind. Here is a picture of all the grandkids of the Bride. They were all cute dressed in black and white.

1 comment:

  1. How about Tom Thumb... Tom for Peeping Tom, and Thumb because he is small, like Tom Thumb was. It is a little creepy that he follows you everywhere with his eyes and doesn't seem to be afraid.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete