Friday, October 29, 2010

Rockin Out the Rest of October

The last part of October has just flown by! I can't believe the Holiday season is just around the corner. I love this time of year, it is full of family, food, and traditions! Both Steve and my families have traditions, but we are always ready for new things as well.

The fall weather has been beautiful. Steve and I have taken several bike and picnic trips to enjoy it! We have found a gorgeous trail only a few miles from our house. This last trip we took Steve packed up a picnic and we had lunch near a bridge! It was fun to have a small get-a-way and spend some fun time together. It is one of our favorite dates.





Monica my cousin was able to come and visit us. Steve and I have not seen her since our wedding. It was so much fun to catch up with her! We did so much while she was here. After spending one day with us in Lakewood we drove her up to Loveland to see the rest of my family for a nice trip and mini reunion. All of my family on my mom's side was there. It was fun to get the cousins together again.

With Monica we went up to our Colorado cabin to have lunch and take a girl hike! The boys stayed at the cabin and did whatever boys do. The girls had fun talking, walking, picking flowers,swapping memories, and teasing each other! It was nice to have girl time!





Steve and I also enjoyed having more Eli time! We can't get enough of him. This picture of Eli and us is actually taken where Steve and I had our first kiss. We love the Colorado Cabin.

And of course we can't have the cousins get together without our traditional cousin pyramid picture. I still think we will be doing this picture even when we are all in wheel chairs!





It was sure fun to have Monica here. I look up to her in so many many ways! I am glad to be a part of this family.

Steve and I are preparing for Halloween. A friend of Steve's sent us some real Kimonos from Japan! Steve and I will use them as our Halloween costumes if we can figure out how to tie them. Steve and I will not be the only ones in style. Check out our side kicks!



Steve and I are so blessed to have such a great family, and to have each other. I would not trade it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment