Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another Week with the Calley Couple!

We had another fun week. We celebrated Eli's (my nephew) 1st Birthday! It was fun to gather around with family and smother Eli with love and gifts. Eli is now walking all over the place. I think he wanted to wait until he was one before he walked. He knows the rule, "you walk at one and talk at two". Although we did get him to say his first word "uh-oh". He is just too cute for words. I think that he really enjoyed the party. He would start clapping his hands and then everyone would copy him. The he would stop and just laugh and laugh, and then he would do it over and over again. He loved being the center of attention. I apologize that I don't have any pictures. I brought my camera but was having too much fun and forgot to take some pictures.

This was a hard week for me emotionally. My yearning for a child was stronger than usual this week. We were so busy with so many different things, that I felt like I didn't get any time with Steve. I don't realize how much I depend on him or need him on a daily basis. Steve worked 'til midnight three days this week and then had to get up early the next morning to go to work. So I was asleep when he got home and still sleeping when he left. Then on his days off he had his really good friend Pierre over. So we didn't get to have too much "us" time, which I have really grown to love.


Pierre is from Arizona, but was just signed on to the NFL to play for Houston! We are so excited and proud of him. Then about a week ago he was released. He was pretty heart-broken, so we had him up here for two days to hang out and take his mind off things. Pierre is a great man and we both look up to him in so many ways. He is the most gentle and humble person I know. He is near and dear to both of our hearts. We hope that he gets drafted this year or the next so he can follow his dream to be in the NFL.

Actually, Pierre has inspired us and has given us the desire to adopt African-American children. We think all people are beautiful and have a wonderful cultures.

We are still working on our adoption papers! We are making progress, but as usual we have a long ways to go! Our children better never say that they were not wanted.

1 comment:

  1. I will love any and every child that you are blessed to receive. What an unselfish gift that birth mothers give!

    ReplyDelete