Thursday, November 25, 2010

Family, Food, Fun and a Freaking Big Tree!

Our month of November started off great with a family trip to the Temple. We asked everyone in our family to come to the Temple with us so we could pray and think about those wonderful birth mothers out there. Also, we were praying as a family to get the right child whenever the Lord sees fit for us. Unfortunately, not everyone could make it, but we still had a pretty good turn out. Those that could not make it said that they were there in spirit. Jerry and Virginia (Steve's mom and dad), Larry and Claire (Amanda's mom and step dad) and Steve's Aunt Jo Lynne were all able to make it, though. It was a great night together. We went out to Chili's before hand and made sure our tummy's were happy as well.

Okay, enough of the fun and feel good stories, I have to share a truly crappy one. On my day off I (Steve) went to the bathroom as normal, but when I flushed nothing was going down. So I plunged and plunged and nothing happened. So what else would I do besides flushing it again right? So I flushed again but there was no stopping the poo water from overflowing the toilet and water falling onto the bathroom floor. So my first thought was to take off my socks because it was going to get wet and messy(hahaha). Then I stood on a short stool so my feet wouldn't be in the crappy water. Eventually there was about 1.5 inches of poo water on the floor and soaking into the carpet, then I finally shut the water off. I tried to do it as fast as I could, but it was overflowing like nothing I had seen before. Long story short, the maintenance guy came over and sucked up the poo water with his shop vac (gross). Then the carpet guy came over and took care of the carpet (awkward).

One of the best dates I have been on with Amanda Kate was when we recently went to Shrek, The Musical. We went out to eat at Tokyo Joe's before hand and enjoyed some good Asian cuisine. The Japanese soda machine spelled Pepsi backwards though. Its okay because we are in America and .001% of people can read Japanese. I could read it though, it was pretty funny. It reads (sipep). Too funny.

Then we took the light rail for the first time to downtown Denver where the musical was. This musical was my favorite one ever! Okay, it was also the first professional musical I have ever been to as well, but that is beside the point. It was funnier and better than the movie, and the movie was pretty good. Lord Farkwad and Donkey were hysterical, Shrek and Fiona were pretty good as well. Anyways, I could write about this date forever but all in all it was definitely a night to remember with my beautiful wife Amanda Kate. One of the 3 little pigs read us a story as well. Oh boy, what a treat!


Then last night after a hard day's work of preparing for Black Friday I came home to the biggest freaking tree I have ever seen in an apartment. Wow is all I got to say. Look at the size of that thing.... How did it get there? Amanda Kate!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment